2006年3月27日

Two extreme views

Yesterday I was asked by my church pastor to attend a gathering on her behalf. The gathering was organized by the Media Evangelism Limited and the focus was on how the film “Broke Back Mountain” is adversely spreading a harmful message of accepting homosexual behaviour and picturing it in a romantic way.

Of course, churches are against this film as we are against homosexual behaviour despite that the film has won quite a number of Oscar Awards and being recognized as a very good film. I can see two views of very different comments:

Firstly, when the film lost on the Best Picture of the Year in Oscar, many Chinese would say the film is good enough to beat all other films but it lost is just because American won’t let Chinese to be the best.

My response: Why we Chinese are always so proud of ourselves? Why we always think we are the best? Why we always deny others being superior than ours? If we are good enough to perform in this world class standard, we can always win the award every year!

On the other hand, yesterday’s speakers criticized the film as very low class, low taste and of no value and nothing worth to watch. They were talking from the point of view of movie production.

My response: I agree that we Christians should not change our stand on this religious topic … but did those speakers know anything about movie production? What are the basis of their judgment in movie production? Did they belong to the movie production industry? If not, please shut up and go back to the religious topics!

4 則留言:

梁巔巔 說...

化化兄,

哎唷, 有好多人借住咁樣, 扮晒衛道老正去話比人知佢係好人君子及滿足自己嘅呢.

呢個社會, 尤其是 HK, 好多人好膚淺 ga jar.

史路比 說...

同意..反對還反對,針對一件事亦唔應該去否定哂其他既..
另外,得唔得獎,有時係睇好多野既..你認為好好,有d人又唔係咁睇..冇野係應該唔應該既~~

Ruth Tam 說...

I don't enjoy the movie because it's not my type. However, as an art, I think it's good. I don't agree with promoting homosexuality. I don't think Lee is doing that. Just he thinks this will get him many awards based on business point of view.

Ivor 說...

Yeah, we should give our views/comments very carefully.

Or else, people would think we Christians always like 發Up瘋!